First Thursday in historic downtown Matthews just keeps getting better and more and more fun!
Here is a run down of just a few things that will be taking place in and around Carolina Beer Temple on Thursday Sept 1st!
XCEL 2 FITNESS FUNDRAISER
Our First Thursday Non-Profit is Xcel 2 Fitness. Xcel 2 Fitness is a 6-week curriculum offered to boys grades 3-5. Xcel 2 Fitness functions as an after school program and uses the fundamentals of fitness to develop the character boys need to chase their dreams.
Fitness Together of Matthews will be hosting a fitness course for children in the grassy lot across from Carolina Beer Temple!
$1 of every pint or flight sold at Carolina Beer Temple will be donated to XCEL 2 Fitness! Plus, $1 of every beer sold or glass of wine sold at Seaboard Taproom & Wine Bar will also be donated! Donations by cash or credit card will also be accepted at Carolina Beer Temple and Seaboard!
LEGION BREWING TAP TAKEOVER
Earlier this year Charlotte welcomed Legion Brewing to its growing craft beer scene! Legion is the first brewery in the Plaza/Midwood area of Charlotte. Carolina Beer Temple is honored to have been one of the first places in town where Legion beer was available outside the brewery with beers like Juicy Jay IPA, Weekend Warrior Pilsner and Jenny Girl Stout!
On FIRST THURSDAY we welcome Legion Brewing to Carolina Beer Temple for a TAP TAKEOVER EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!
We will be offering flights and discounted drafts! Plus, $1 of every flight or pint sold will be donated!
Matthews Station Street in front of Carolina Beer Temple will be closed off during First Thursday so you can freely enjoy the Arts & Crafts Popup Market, Live Music, Craft Yoga, a Fashion Truck and more! A few of the highlights:
Arts & Crafts Pop-up Market – The First Thursday Arts & Crafts pop-up market will be located in the parking spaces along Matthews Station Street. Check out local vendors and support their crafts!
Live Music with the Nathan Randall Band – In the grassy lot across from Carolina Beer Temple the Nathan Randall Band will be performing throughout the evening!
Kids Fitness Course – Fitness Together of Matthews will be hosting a fitness course for children in the grassy lot across from Carolina Beer Temple!
Craft Yoga – Temple Mojo Growler Shop (coming soon to Matthews) is teaming up with Vital Yoga of Matthews to bring you Yoga and a craft beer! Yoga begins at 7PM. Tickets are $5 and entitles you to a yoga session, plus one craft beer at Carolina Beer Temple!
Beer permitted during the Block Party – Yes you can enjoy a beer during the block party! However, we have some important rules that must be followed. Please adhere to these important rules to ensure a safe and successful event:
- All beer purchased must be from a participating business such as Carolina Beer Temple – outside beverages are not permitted
- You must get a wristband for a participating business to denote you are 21 years or older
- You must purchase a sealed container (sealed can or bottle). Your beverage cannot be opened on the premises of where it was purchased. You must leave the premises (including patio space) with a sealed container. Once you are on Matthews Station St. you are permitted to open and consume your beer in the Block Party area along Matthews Station St.
- You must have a wristband (obtained with proper ID) to drink during the event
- You cannot leave the Block Party area with your open container
- You cannot return to the premises of the place of purchase with your open container- open containers must remain on Matthews Station St
- Please drink responsibly
- Please properly dispose of all trash in trash receptacles
Check out Seaboard Taproom & Wine Bar
Seaboard Taproom & Wine Bar is NOW OPEN and this is their first FIRST THURSDAY event! They have a selection of 24 mostly international beers, with a few local crafts mixed in! They offer wine by the glass, snacks and more! Plus there are a few additional fun things to do like Giant Jenga and Cornhole on the lawn! This is a great time to check out historic downtown Matthews’ newest destination! Plus $1 of every pint or glass of wine sold will be donated to XCEL 2 Fitness!
Raptor Ridge Wine Tasting at Seaboard
Seaboard Taproom & Wine Bar will be hosting a wine tasting featuring the fine wines of Raptor Ridge Winery. We will have wine by the glass on special, along with bottles of wine as well. The featured wine list includes:
- Pinot Gris 2015
- Gruner Veltliner 2015
- Barrel Select Pinot Noir 2013
- Reserve Pinot Noir 2012
- Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir 2013
We hope to see you for another FANTASTIC FIRST THURSDAY!!!!!